So, Ayurveda advises us to use dairy & nightshades sparingly, especially when it comes to cheese. But, that doesn’t mean we can’t modify our meals to create a satisfying Ayurvedic creation…
Try out this recipe for Roasted Beet, Olive & Sundried Tomato Flatbread instead of a full-fledged ooey gooey tomato pizza pie for a surprising new twist on Flatbreads!
- 1 organic beet, quartered and roasted 30min at 425F
- 1 cup mixed olives such as kalamata, green and black
- 1-3 cloves of minced or pressed garlic (depending on how you like garlic)
- 5-6oz organic grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 1 whole wheat freshly made pizza dough (Whole Foods & Trader Joe’s make them fresh and in refrigerated section)
- 3/4-1 cup shredded soft cheese of your choosing
- Salt, pepper, Herbs de Provence & curry powder to taste – about 1/8 tsp each
- In food processor, combine beet, garlic, olives, sundried tomatoes and spices (except for Herbs de Provence) till a choppy red veggie paste forms.
- Roast grape tomatoes separately in oven 15′ at 425F.
- Flatten/roll out pizza dough on well oiled or lined baking sheet.
- Pre-bake crust alone for 10min 425F.
- Spread on red veggie paste and dot with roasted grape tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese of your choice & with Herbs de Provence.
- Bake 10-15min until cheese is melted and crust is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!